Hey everyone! So I'm pretty new to blogging but have already been so inspired by all the talented lads and ladies out there sharing their fashion tips, style, journeys and adventures. I'm a small fish in a very big pond, but I absolutely love being part of this community and am excited at the prospect of growing my very own blog. It's a lot of hard work but very rewarding to get a response, even from just one person.
So not long ago, I was nominated by hollwithawhy - Holly for the Liebster Award 2017 which is a tag floating around the blogosphere and helping new bloggers promote each other. I'm going to answer the questions Holly has asked before nominating 11 bloggers myself to take part.
There are a few rules:
1. What made you start a blog?
All the amazing guys and gals out there blogging. I had been looking for any videos of Trek America footage and stumbled on Charlotte Hole & Brogan Tate, who both had video blogged their experiences over in the states. It inspired me so much, that after binging on some of their content I realised I love travel, shopping and fashion so why couldn't I do this myself? I always love to be as busy as possible and being in the design industry it seemed like the perfect fit. I used to want to be an author growing up but found the creative industry calling too strong to resist.
2. What influences your blog posts?
It's all about my life experiences. Whether that be hiking up Ben Nevis on the weekend, shopping at the Trafford Centre or simply reflecting on what I've learnt this year. I love sharing what interests me because it might help or inspire others. For some of the content, it is just a safe space for me to share my opinions and things that I learn whilst navigating my twenties.
3. Where would you like to see your blog next summer?
Next summer I would like to be posting more travel inspired content as it's a massive passion of mine. Spending more of my weekends exploring parts of the UK and hiking up trails or mountains across Scotland and Wales. Whilst still getting to do a few fashion hauls along the way. I would love to have more interaction with my audience and build friendships from this with other people who share my passions.
4. Which blog have you been reading the longest?
Probably CH32.co.uk it was the first blog I stumbled across and I absolutely love it! Charlotte has such an amazing sense of style, she's travelled to some pretty cool places and gives honest reviews on stuff. She seems down to earth and I really the love just the overall style of the content she shares.
5. Would you consider linking your blog to a YouTube channel?
I am hoping to do this soon, I have friends who are vloggers and have been getting some video editing tips. I've just ordered my first action camera and plan on filming my Trek America experience this October, then hopefully I can take it to Tough Mudders, abroad on vacations and up mountains! It's a little way off yet but I think it's definitely in my future.
6. What is your favourite hobby apart from blogging?
This is an easy one, hiking. Anything that challenges me physically outdoors, which isn't just limited to walking but running, climbing mountains and taking part in events like Tough Mudder. It's so good for my mental and physical wellbeing and gives me some ace content to share with all you guys!
7. Where is your favourite holiday destination that you have visited?
I think my favourite destination so far has been Dublin. I love the rain and it's such a cosy city. I never felt bored when I was there, theres a warmth to the pubs and people I can't describe. It's full of culture, coffee and colourful street art. The highlight for me was visiting the science gallery that had some incredible exhibitions on display. I can't wait to visit again!
8. Where would you love to go that you have never been before?
I am desperate to see two places, New Zealand and The Faroe Islands. These landscapes are simply stunning and would give me so many places to hike and explore. Camping on the beach, seeing middle earth and the spray of the sea on a cliffs edge. I just love the outdoors, my perfect holiday destinations are places where you can be alone in nature and take a moment to appreciate the earths beauty.
9. What is your favourite beauty product?
This changes every month, but recently I have bleached my hair and fallen in love with Mark Hill Miraculous 2 Minute Mask. Haircare is particularly important (I'll be writing about my recent hair change soon!), after Tough Mudder this week my hair was dry and needed some love. This mask is a life saver! It smells amazing, very tropical, it's a smooth cream that instantly made my hair feel soft and silky. The condition improved in one wash. I leave it on longer and you can apparently even sleep in it which I am tempted to try.
10. What is your favourite blog post you’ve written?
I think that would have to be my 'Seven' blog post about the lessons I had learned so far this year. It's a very honest piece and unlike my other posts which document experiences or hauls, it was quite a personal one to write. I have more planned in the pipeline like this especially about dealing with weight loss and body confidence. As well as talking about the fun stuff like Tough Mudder and Topshop sales!
11. Why should we all read your blog?
That's hard to say, I think if you like hiking and fashion check it out. I'm just sharing what I enjoy and like to get involved in! Hoping I can inspire or help others who have similar interests and passions. If you like getting muddy and being out in nature then I plan on posting a lot more about that sort of stuff! If you like shopping (I'm a bit of an addict) then there will be posts for you guys aswell. Or I love reading blogs to learn about other people and find that everyones content in someway inspires me when writing my own!
There you go, hopefully you've learnt a little more about me from this and maybe you'll read some more of my blog. I hope you do. Thanks again to Holly for the nomination!
1. itslouloublog.wordpress.com - @LC_ninetytwo
2. randomdutchie.com - @random_dutchie
3. bobbihearts.com - @bobbihearts
4. terriblypersonal.com - @trrblypersonal
5. walkinmysteps.blogspot.co.uk - @BryBlogs
6. morningcoffeewithdee.com - @mcoffeewithdee
7. allykatsite.wordpress.com - @Allyvkat
8. jerseyfashion.blog - @jerseyfashion86
9. girltoblogger.com - @GirlToBlogger
10. jessicarhoades.co.uk - @JessicaJRhoades
11. logicaccordingtolydia.wordpress.com - @LydiaMac1
1. Who has impacted you most in blogging and how?
2. How do you motivate yourself to keep blogging?
3. Tell me your favourite thing about blogging?
4. What's your proudest achievement?
5. What is your favourite fashion item you own?
6. Where do you go for blog inspiration?
7. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
8. Where do you see yourself and your blog in 12 months time?
9. Do you prefer fashion or travel blogs?
10. How do you like to spend your free time?
11. What strengths do you have that have helped with your blog?
Thanks, I look forward to reading your blogs!
🍑 A B Y
Aby, 24. Northerner.