Hello everyone (or anyone who reads this), todays post is short-ish and sweet because I'm busy working my way through Barcelona bits and bobs. I thought I'd do a short post of my five summer favourites! Items I have picked up over the past six weeks, let’s take a look…
1. First up (although technically two purchases), I visited the Skinny Dip Sale. On this occasion I was looking for a purse after the inside zip broke off on mine, (I also needed to downsize because I have too many cards) and there was an adorable one for just £8! (This embroidered piece was reduced from £20) I am a sucker for embroidery because it just feels like better quality, plus the floral toucan design makes it a summer essential.
My browsing didn’t end there, when I noticed a bag I wanted a couple of months back, now just £14 (marked down from £36). This ‘Out of Office’ embroidered straw bag also screams summer holiday. Unfortunately, I didn’t have it in time for Barcelona but I’m sure there will be plenty of trips to the beach, and another getaway on the cards, before the year is over. It’s a medium size that works for my everyday essentials, and includes a detachable shoulder strap. I love to make a statement with my accessories, so the typography on this is definitely my style.
2. Next up, I was browsing Instagram when I saw a product advertised by @SophieHannah – Electric Ink Skincare. I don’t really do much for my tattoos once they are healed, as I’ve never considered it to be important. I take care of my skin but Electric Ink has stuff specifically to restore inked skin so it looks fresh. I’ve ordered the Vibrancy gel serum and after reading reviews am excited to see the results. Watch this space!
3. TEEQ.CO are a made to order fashion company who specialize in little Disney inspired embroidered ranges, from Toy Story to Star Wars. I’ve wanted to order something for a while and finally gave in. I went for Stitch (obviously) the little blue alien looks even cuter in embroidery. Usually made on a blue jumper, I specifically asked for pink to make it extra special and it’s so cute! I’m looking forward to wearing this everywhere in winter.
4. I’ve had my Polaroid camera for 3 years now, I’m considering an upgrade because it goes everywhere with me. I recently took it to Barcelona and had to buy a new album for the prints (I’ve so many now). I’m showing it some appreciation this month as I’ve been stocking up for the trips ahead (more to be revealed). Amazon I always find cheapest with 20 prints for just £13!
5. Any creative, if you’re like me, will go through hundreds of notebooks in their lifetime. I’ve always preferred getting my ideas down on paper, making to do lists and taking handwritten notes in meetings. I dropped into Urban Outfitters over the weekend and found the GREATEST notebook (of all time perhaps). For just £3 I got this, it’s covered in illustrations of Tom Hardy holding puppies. My boyfriend even knew I wasn’t leaving without it, I only regret I didn’t pick up a couple more!
There you go, this month I’ve mostly been living out of a backpack so it’s nice to have a little splurge on a few pieces. The sunny weather has meant more time with my camera out and a few summer style pieces. I’m sure as we go into the second half of the year there will be more books, dog hoodies for Chewie and jackets added to this list. Plus before you know it, the Christmas shopping will be starting. Until then I plan to squeeze every last cocktail out of this summer.
🍑 A B Y
Aby, 24. Northerner.